Friday, May 6, 2022
A virtual event on Accelevents
Our national Discovery Days program aims to educate, encourage and inspire high school students who are curious about careers in medicine and health sciences.
This year's modified half-day online event features exhibits, a captivating keynote lecture, interactive workshops, and a thought-provoking career panel discussion. We invite participation from community practitioners, faculty, trainees, staff and students with a passion for outreach to youth. Use the submission form found further below to join in this exciting program!
- Upload your logo and banner image, social media links and other documentation in PDF format to let participants learn more about your organization/department
- Exhibits open at 8:30 am and are available to participants throughout the program
- If desired, a representative can interact with visitors from 8:30 - 9:00 am via their Zoom account
- Small group sessions offer students the opportunity to learn more about a particular health care field from the presenters (see last year's catalogue above for samples)
- Use the video stream offered in Accelevents (training provided), or a professional Zoom account if you have access to one and prefer
- Sessions run 10:00 – 11:15 am
- The moderated webinar style panel discussion comprises five health care academics/professionals from various fields who will each have three minutes to share with the entire audience their story of how they got to where they are today
- Q&A follows after all have spoken
- The panel runs 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: MARCH 31
These events are very well received by students and are an important part of how they explore their career options. The CMHF will track and share all student feedback with presenters.
Visit the event page of our website for more information for students and teachers: www.cdnmedhall.ca/western