Location: London, ON
Job Type: Full-time
The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) is a national, registered charitable organization that celebrates Canadian heroes whose work advances health in Canada and the world, and fosters future generations of health professionals through the delivery of local and national youth education programs and awards. This enduring tribute to our country’s rich medical history is showcased nationally on our virtual hall at www.cdnmedhall.ca.
Annually, up to six individuals are celebrated at a national Induction Ceremony in rotating locations across the country. As well, we inform and excite Canada’s youth about the wide variety of career options in medicine and health care through our Discovery Days in Health Sciences program. Discovery Days are one-day events held in partnership with medical schools and research institutions at 14 locations across the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you dynamic and action-oriented? Do you like people and care about generating excitement and enthusiasm for a worthy cause? This stakeholder engagement and development role might be for you. We work with medical schools, national and provincial health associations, corporations, CMHF Laureates, board members and other interested supporters to Honour Excellence, Preserve History & Inspire Generations in the health sciences. Reporting to the ED and rounding out our small but mighty staff team of seven people in total, as our resident fund development professional you will oversee stakeholder relationship development & stewardship, event sponsorship renewals, corporate support proposals, and grant applications. In other words, you will engage with our partners, donors and supporters to listen and learn about their giving interests, ask them for support, thank them, ensure that we recognize their contributions appropriately and report back to them, all the while researching and being on the lookout for others who may be interested in supporting us.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with corporate and individual donors to maintain and renew support; and complete prospect research to explore opportunities with new supporters
- Develop and manage a process of high-quality donor cultivation, engagement and stewardship
- Implement and evaluate existing and new channels that allow two-way engagement with philanthropic stakeholders
- Report on revenue generation streams and highlight variances in a timely manner and in line with budget forecasting
- Proactively prepare development committee and board reporting content
- Conduct research and due diligence processes for potential partnerships with foundations and corporations
- Remain current on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to fundraising strategies and practices
- Undertake special project assignments as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in a fundraising role with specific experience in event sponsorship and individual giving initiatives
- Proven knowledge of donor relations and fundraising best practices
- Outstanding written skills with demonstrated experience writing successful proposals and stewardship reports.
- Highly detail oriented and driven by a high standard of excellence
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines
- Experience with fundraising CRM software an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions in a timely manner and work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results
- Ability to travel to events nationally (usually three times per year) at required times which includes availability outside regular office hours
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Comfortable meeting with and engaging academic health professionals
- Strong work ethic, reliable and self-directed
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Event planning skills
- High proficiency in MS Office applications
- Double vaccination against COVID-19 is required
- Fluency in French an asset
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and résumé and to the Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 8, 2021
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.