University of Manitoba
Thursday, November 10, 2022
Our national Discovery Days program aims to educate, encourage and inspire high school students who are curious about careers in medicine and health sciences.
This event features a captivating keynote lecture, interactive workshops, and a thought-provoking career panel discussion. We invite participation from community practitioners, faculty, trainees, staff and students with a passion for outreach to youth.
The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame is committed to fostering inclusion and supporting the leadership efforts at Canadian universities to change the diversity pathway to medicine and the health sciences. We encourage people who self-identify as Indigenous, Black or a Person of Colour, or who come from a rural or known disadvantaged socioeconomic background to join us.
Use the submission form found further below to sign up!
- Exhibits can be setup on November 10 starting at 7:15 AM and open at 8:00 AM
- Booths can be staffed or unstaffed
- If staffed, you can interact with booth visitors during registration 8:00 - 9:00 AM and again during lunch from 12:00 - 12:30 PM
- All booths must be dismantled by 3:30 PM
- Small interactive group sessions offer students the opportunity to learn more about a particular health care field from the presenters
- Workshops take place 10:30 – 12:00 and 1:00 - 2:30
- Presenters can sign up for either or both time slots (same presentation with two different groups of high school students)
- Presenters are responsible for their own room and AV bookings (planning team can assist if requested)
- Review our "Tips for Workshop Presenters" for suggestions in developing your session
"HEALTH PROS TELL ALL" CAREER PANEL DISCUSSION
- The moderated panel discussion comprises five health care academics/professionals from various fields who will each have three minutes to share with the entire audience their story of how they got to where they are today
- Q&A follows after all have spoken
- The panel runs 2:45 – 3:30 in the Frederic Gaspard Theatre
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
These events are very well received by students and are an important part of how they explore their career options. The CMHF will track and share all student feedback with presenters.
Janice McNorgan, Program Coordinator
(c) 519-659-7625 | (e) email@example.com
Visit the event page of our website for more information for students and teachers: www.cdnmedhall.ca/umanitoba2022