MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2021 - 11:59 pm: Deadline for submissions for Induction in 2022
All nominations are held confidentially by the CMHF.
Nominators are not required to seek the approval of their nominee. However, if selected, the CMHF will seek the consent of the nominee or next-of-kin (for posthumous nominations) prior to announcing them as an inductee.
Organizations can serve as nominators but only individuals can be nominated.
Nominations may remain active for up to three consecutive selection processes and may be supplemented at any time during that time. After notice that a package will not go forward, or after the three-year period, individuals may be re-nominated for further consideration.
Please submit nominations according to the following guidelines
Nominations made by individuals
Two individuals must serve as nominators and they are required to submit a nomination letter either individually or co-signed.
Nominations made by an organization
One nomination letter signed on behalf of the organization.
Mandatory components include:
- Nomination letter(s) detailing the nominee’s contributions and impact
- MAXIMUM of two supporting letters, apart from the nomination letter(s). For nominations in the 'Leadership in research with national and international recognition for scientific contribution' category, it is strongly recommended that at least one supporting letter be submitted from an individual from outside Canada who is a recognized scientific leader in the nominee’s field. Additional support letters in excess of the first two uploaded will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee.
- A curriculum vitae (or a letter explaining why one is not available)
- A one-page biography, providing the essential details that have built the nominee's reputation
- A nomination form including a citation. The citation is a brief precis (approx. 250 words) of the nominee's contributions and impact justifying their induction into the CMHF
- A MAXIMUM of six additional pages such as news and journal articles are optional. Please note that support letters received within these additional pages will not be reviewed.
STEPS TO COMPLETE:
PREPARE: Read our helpful tips
|Tips on creating a compelling nomination|
REVIEW BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Review a print copy of the Nomination Form. NOTE: You cannot save the electronic Nomination Form once you have started. Use this PDF version as a guide to organizing your entire application before submitting.
TEST & PROCEED: Be sure to scroll through each page (i.e. click "Next Page") to ensure there are no issues with viewing it properly on your computer.
|Nomination Web Form|
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org directed to NOMINATIONS or call 519.636.0660 if you have any questions.
The selection process occurs in early September. All nominators will be notified of the outcome of their nomination after the successful candidates have been notified and before the public announcement in October.